Lifetime Gift from a Retirement Account
Under Pension Protection Act of 2006 - IRA
How it works
You request a distribution of up to $100,000 from your IRA plan administrator, direct to the University of Pittsburgh.
You direct how the University of Pittsburgh uses your contribution.
Just email us and we’ll be happy to give you more information about this new charitable incentive.
- You can use an overlooked, "frozen" asset to make a gift to The University of Pittsburgh.
- You never recognize the distribution as income.
- The distribution counts towards your minimum required distribution for the year.
- You can only transfer $100,000 per year, and only in 2006 and 2007.
- Funds must come from an IRA.
- Distributions cannot go to donor advised funds.
- State income tax may be due on the distribution.
For more information